Trail Life USA and American Heritage Girls in our Baltimore area in Sept. 2014.
/ / / / / / / TLUSA: / / / / / / / / /
ANNOUNCING: WOODLANDS PROGRAM BEGINS TROOP 518!
We have had a great beginning to the Trail Life Program since January of this year. We have gone on several camping trips, been canoeing, camped and backpacked in the backcountry in Smokey Mountains TN, participated in service projects, and have been doing well in our training with Troop 518 in Joppa, MD. We began with the Navigators (middle school boys) and Adventurers (high school boys). We are pleased to announce that we have added the Woodlands (elementary age boys) to troop 518 at Sovereign Grace Church, Joppa, MD. http://sovgracemd.net/
We had a great Open House on Monday, Sept 8, and as a result, we have over a dozen new boys visit Troop MD0518 this last Monday meeting.
We look forward to a great Fall Trail Life season!
TLUSA RECIEVES 127 ACRE CAMP IN SOUTH CAROLINA!
Now named, TLUSA Camp Aiken
“This camp property and the endowment are generous gifts that fit with our core value to remain debt averse,” said John Stemberger, Chairman of the TLUSA Board of Directors. “At the same time, it gives us a central, accessible location from which to better train youth and adult leaders in conducting our robust outdoor program.”
/ / / / / / / AHG: / / / / / / / / /
AMERICAN HERITAGE GIRLS - LOOKING TO START IN BALTIMORE AREA
In order to begin the Chartering Process, we need to fill the following Adult Volunteer Charter Positions. Greater Grace Church http://ggwo.org/ has expressed support to begin the Charter process, but we would need:
1. Charter Representative: Facilitates the relationship between the local AHG Troop and the Charter Organization. Participates in local Troop Board meetings as a non-voting member. Approves all adult leadership for local Troop. Provides leadership, oversight and conflict resolution if needed.
2. Coordinator (Troop Leader): Leads the Troop Ministry Team and oversees the general operation of the local Troop. Helps to recruit, select and train all adult leadership. Facilitates Troop Ministry Team Leaders’ meetings. Serves as the liaison between AHG, Inc. and the Charter Representative. Is responsible for guiding the Troop towards its goals and accomplishing the mission of the AHG.
3. Vice-Coordinator: Assists Coordinator with all responsibilities and considered “Coordinator-in-training.” The actual roles performed shall be divided as spiritual gifts and personalities dictate.
4. Treasurer: Oversees Troop finances. Helps to determine guidelines pertaining to Troop checking account, both acquiring and maintaining it. Helps to create a Troop budget.
5. Troop Shepherd (Chaplain): Is concerned about the “care and feeding” of the Troop’s member and looks over the “flock”. The Troop Shepherd cares for each AHG member encouraging them in their spiritual walk. Will lead prayer before Ministry Team meetings and pray for the Troop. Will get to know each girl and volunteer and follow up on absent members.
6. Additional Adult Leaders: In addition to the Charter Positions above, the troop needs registered adults to help supervise, transport, and provide guidance through the troop committee. Adults also help with the 5 Levels within the troop.
Please prayerfully consider these positions as we look to begin AHG in our area. We can provide more info on TLUSA and AHG as requested, so please - let's chat.
Thank you and God bless -